If you follow me on Instagram
, you probably saw the post last week
that featured these fun, spring-themed, low sugar cupcakes. If you didn’t see it, you’re in luck, because I’m going to share the recipe low! These cupcakes are make with monk fruit (a 100% natural sweetener with zero net carbs and zero calories that tastes like – and bakes like – sugar. I don’t usually use sweeteners other than sugar in recipes, but I wanted to give this a try and I’m so glad I did. They turned out so well, and I can’t wait to make them again.
Low Sugar Fruit Flower Vanilla Cupcakes
1-1/2 cups flour (for lower carb, can replace with 1-1/2 cups almond flour + 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum)
3/4 cup Splenda® Monk Fruit Sweetener
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12-15 strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line 12 cup muffin pan with liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, eggs, and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, Splenda® Monk Fruit, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet, and combine well.
6. Evenly divide batter among the 12 cups, and bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool completely, then top with your favorite low carb frosting or blend together 1-1/2 package softened cream cheese, 1 stick softened butter, 1/2 cup Splenda® Monk Fruit, and 1 teaspoon vanilla for a decadent vanilla cream cheese frosting!
8. Decorate with blueberries and sliced strawberries in the shape of spring flowers.
Bubby and Bean ::: Living Creatively